Nominate: Women’s History Month 2018
What is Women’s History Month?
Since the 1980s, women have been celebrated and recognized for their extraordinary contributions to history, society, and culture during the month of March. Women’s History Month pays homage to various women and continues to inspire the women of generations to come. Learn more about Women’s History Month at https://womenshistorymonth.gov/.
What is the Black to Business Women’s History Month Campaign?
Black to Business is an innovative platform that fosters black economic growth and empowers business owners to become globally competitive. Since 2016, Black to Business has highlighted 31 dynamic female founders who have created amazing businesses and have fostered positive changes within our communities. In recognition of Women’s History Month, Black to Business will be featuring 31 Women Who Are at the Forefront of Black Entrepreneurship during March 2018. Submit your nominations today for this year’s campaign!
Who can be nominated?
- Millennial women of African descent, between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Current Founder and/or Co-Founder of a for profit or non-profit organization.
- The organization would have to be in operation for at least 1 year prior to 1/31/2018.
- The nominee must have a website (personal and/or organization)
- Nominators may submit only one nomination for the same individual.
- There is no limit on the number of nominations that an individual can submit for multiple people.
- Self-nominations will be accepted, but multiple nominations for a specific individual from the same nomination submitter will not be accepted.
- Brief biography (200 word maximum)
- Why the nominee should be featured in the Black to Business Women’s History Month Campaign? (200 word maximum)
- Link to nominee’s website (personal and/or organization)
- Link to nominee’s LinkedIn profile
- Nominee’s social media handles (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Nomination Period opens on January 1, 2018.
- Nomination Period closes on January 31, 2018 at 5:00PM (EST).
- Nominees who will be featured in the campaign will be notified by February 26, 2018.
- Women’s History Month Campaign launches on the Black to Business platform on March 1, 2018.